Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Year

We are flying through January of 2010 and I really want to know where my flying car and our moon colony are. Isn't this supposed to be the future now?

Anyway... we have a new year of films ahead of us and I'm excited for what's around the corner. And I mean right around the corner. Some of my most anticipated movies for the whole year seem to be popping up within the first three months of 2010 and that's a bit of a change from what we have seen in the past.

It's summer that usually brings all the awesome movies and then those are followed up with all the usual Oscar contenders in the last couple months of the year. But not this time around. Hollywood is stacking the front of the year with a lot of big budget flicks including The Wolf Man, Shutter Island, and The Book of Eli. I know a couple of these flicks were meant to come out at the end of 2009 but I would think pushing them out a couple more months to the beginning of the summer flood wouldn't have hurt business much.

Is the winter / spring season the new summer for the honchos in LA? It might be as we haven't seen this type of action in a long time. Not that I'm complaining but I hope they save a few good ones for the rest of the year as well.

And that brings me to my resolution for the year in regards to movie watching. I'm really going to try and see more recent movies as the year passes. I may not make it to the theater as much as I would like but I hope to see the new releases when they come out on DVD a lot sooner than I have been. I've slacked on that bad this last year. I got into a groove of watching documentary films and haven't seem to surfaced yet. I'm just now getting caught up on the Harry Potter movies. Two of those left to get through...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Dave in the Quiet Corner said...

I saw the trailer for "Shutter Island" when I went to see "The Road" over my Christmas vacation. It had the look of a horror movie. I will try to write the podcast soon!

January 11, 2010 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Danny Daley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 11, 2010 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger Film in Focus: Danny said...

you should decide to skip out on harry potter and watch good movies instead.

January 11, 2010 at 4:25 PM  
Anonymous sebastian said...

well the road has come to my parts yet. ive no idea why it hasnt. it is a relative big population of a quarter of million people living. i am considering the road to be of 09 when its released this year where i live. danny, i enjoyed the potter books because they chained from very kid friendly to mature young adult read. the same couldnt be said of the potter films.

January 12, 2010 at 5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home